My baby has a cold.

i know this might be a silly question but my 8 month old has a cold and i cant seem to get it to go away. i have been keeping her just right temp. and giving her medicine but not working any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her lots of rest and sleep.
    You're doing all that you can, there's not much you can do but to just wait it out.
    I hope she gets better soon!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• can take up to 14 days.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 4:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• WHAT MEDICINE ARE YOU GIVING AN 8 MONTH OLD FOR A COLD?
    sorry for the caps..lol!! I use a humidifer, prop the crib matress up if there is breathing issues and it helps to drain the nose also, johnson and johnsons makes a vapor bubble bath, infant vicks on the chest and feet- i read that and tried it and it worked.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There isn't any medicine for an 8 month old with a cold!

And if you do give medicine, it takes LONGER for them to get rid of the damn cold because all you're doing is masking the symptoms, it doesn't cure anything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• medicine im giving my baby is the baby rub that vicks makes and giving her tylenol because she getting two teeth. thank you very much anonymous.
    beautifulkirei

Answer by beautifulkirei at 4:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Is there congestion in the baby's nose or lungs? You can make up a saline solution to help clear the baby out. Mix a little tepid water with regular table salt, just enough so you BARELY taste it, and put a drop or 2 in the baby's nose. She won't like it~ no body does. But it may help her sneeze and open her sinuses. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• breastfeed breastfeed breastfeed!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009