Do you think I'm paying too much for the Internet?

Hi, I have a contract with Qwest for the high-speed Internet.

It's been three months since I have the Internet from them, and I wanted to know if I am paying too much for it.

I've paid $37 for the first month, $144 for the second month, and $45 for this month.

I don't know why the price is different every month.
(Qwest said it's the module for that $144.)

It also provides wireless in our home, but I feel like I overpay for the Internet.

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• depends on your contract

call them and ask

144 is outrageous, what is a module?! do you mean modem?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Sounds crazy, you can bundle your phone, Internet and cable for about that price.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Thats a lot, I only pay 23.99 a month through our cable company.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The first month may have been for less than a month. You may have been charged for the modem along with the $45. It's too bad you didn't sign up for a plan with a free modem. If you are paying $45 a month that sounds about right.

If you got a modem with a router that gives you free internet for $100 that's not bad if you were paying at the store. When we were looking at Qwest in our area you got a free modem.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OMG, that's insane. I pay $34.99 a month and I think that's too much, but it's the ONLY DSL provider in my area. I don't even have the fastest speed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OP) I'm sorry I meant MODEM, not module lol
    Then, do you think I have to change the company?

I'm not sure if I can change since they offered the promotion price for 12 months that give me a discount on my bill.

Ewww, I hate the idea of overpaying something all the time... :(

Thanks for your comments above all of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think we're getting ripped - we have Suddenlink and pay 137 a month for internet and cable television - no home phone. We have 1 digital box and subscribe to HBO. Without the digital box we only get like 60 of the channels - I think they're ripping people off with "this tier" and "that tier" and believe me they 'organize' the tiers so that if you take the basic - you really get nothing; a bunch of political channels (you know the ones that show the sub-committee hearings, etc, no cartoons, no lifetime, no TBS or TNT - it's like they see you coming. And our other cable company isn't much better I hear. But I wouldn't know - I'm locked in to a two year contract. I hate that. I really hate that we have to have a contract on our electrical service.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would call my lawyer.

Sounds like they are trying to pull one over you.

I pay $24.99 a month and that is unlimyed for my phone and on my computer.

You can afford a good lawyer with Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. for as low as $17 a month.

For legal plans click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I pay around 124.00 for internet, cable and phone but also get things like on demand and a few extra stations. And we have 3 tvs hooked up.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I pay 140 a month for phone,Internet and digital cable. We have Time Warner I often wonder if theirs a cheaper way?

Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009