I was told if you're gassy during pregnancy your baby will be gassy... Is there any truth in this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• A sincere question and I will reply with a sincere answer: NO :) In my experience, being gassy is just part of the fun of being pregnant. With that, I don't think it's got anything to do with the baby when he/she comes out.

I've been there, experienced it, and so far, my daughter has not "imitated" my gassiness..hehehe...
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was not very gassy during my pregnancy with my first... and my son is extremely gassy. Ha. Just like his dad.
    I am with this pregnancy... so far, the statement's not true, but I guess I'll let you know? :P
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If you don't let it out, your baby may explode
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was not very gassy during pregnancy and my son was VERY gassy - I think they are just things that some people experience with everything that all of a sudden they become truth -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think so... Aren't most pregnant women gas machines? It's just all the crazy stuff going on in your body. Baby may or may not be gassy. My babe wasn't too bad, and I was pretty darn gassy! :P
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009