Does anyone

So I am single mom I just got laid off. I need a job ASAP
I have experience in the restaurant and administrative feilds any help would be GREATLY appreciated THANKS :)

Rora7406

Asked by Rora7406 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am sorry to hear about this. I wish we lived in the same locale and I would surely help you. I can, however, share this wonderful opportunity with you: www.raelen.whyambitworks.com. Please don't misunderstand in that I am trying to recruit you. I am doing this as a part time and right now, it is putting extra money in my pocket that helps me and my daughter as well...

Please let me know if I can further help you...
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Honey, you are young, beautiful and blonde and you live in vegas, baby. Get off your duff and get to an interview! go create one!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There are many in this situation.

But they dont have to be.

Pre-Paid Legal Services pays daily and is providing equal justice for those that had no access.

If you would like to help people access our legal system for a living or even part time please click here.

By the way, I dont get paid to recruit. My focus us brining equal justice to all.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I know this wouldn't help you now but maybe in the future you can stay home with your child/children. I am a stay at home mom to my 23 month old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 5:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• casino, car dealerships, pawn shops, hotel and motels need people in the restaurant and administrative fields. Go out and apply
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 7:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home to help make ends. My husband actually likes getting involved with it as well. It's a new company, so not many people know of it. It's actually grown over 300% even through this harsh ecnonomy. If I can help with any questions or details...let me know. I'd love to help!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2009