Milk supply getting very low

In the last 2 weeks, my milk supply getting very low, even I still breastfeed my baby, and pump after that. But I notice that he didn't have enough milk and still very hungry after it. I also start him on solid rice cereal 2 times a day so I also gave him formula. I am taking fernugeek but didn't help, I also just got my period back 4 days ago. Is it the reason why my milk supply is decrease??? Is there anything else I can take to get my milk supply back on track, I still want to breastfeed him until he turn 1 which is 6 months from now. Thanks all

hungluvphuong

Asked by hungluvphuong at 5:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Drink lots and lots of water! And keep feeding him... it should come back if you use it enough...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Wow! I'm amazed when I read this because I thought I am the only one who went through this. Do not worry. I also had the same situation as you and I, too, took Fenugreek. Aside from that, my loving mother drowned me in soup, juice, water, in any liquid you can possibly imagine so I can produce milk, but, in the end I only breastfed my daughter for six weeks. That was the best that I can do.

I realized that it just depends on a person's anatomy..If your body just can't produce milk, then it won't. Don't despair. There is nothing wrong with formula. The most important thing is that your baby is not hungry...

Happy Feeding ;)
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Try eating oatmeal.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 5:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• At 6 months theres is a normal dip in supply, but theres also a HUGE growth spurt. ALWAYS nurse before any solids, avoid bottles and nurse nurse nurse...don't worry about satisfied acting...worry about diapers, if your baby gets 5-6 wet or messy diapers a day with your milk and no formula, baby is getting plenty. Ignore pumping amounts the mean NOTHING. 9- 12 fenugreek daily can help supply, mothers milk tea 3-5 times daily, oatmeal eatten daily and 60 oz of water...and nurse nurse nruse nothing helps more than nursing.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I believe you should just nurse, on demand, and if he is still hungry, offer breast again. This is how to increase your supply, along with dropping the supplements. Pump output and fussy baby doesn't mean low supply :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Why exactly do you think you are not producing enough?? Why did you start formula? Is baby not producing enough wet diapers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• just breastfeed and stop with the supplementing. you will be fine. the reason your probably started your period is because your body recognizes you arent breatsfeeding as much or less than you should so it thinks they baby has grown up so now its ready to do what it should which is get pregnant again. breastfeed exclusivley if you want to do it for another month.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 8:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Even when I nurse, nurse and nurse, it just didn't seem enough for him. He didn't have enough wet diaper so I have to get him on formula . I did take 9 pills of fenugreek, but didn't help. I will try the mother milk tea see if it work. Can I take both fenugreek, and mother milk tea at the same time?????
    hungluvphuong

Answer by hungluvphuong at 9:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009