What's your pets weird quirk?

My boxer/dalmation mix - she "chews" on the bed. Kind of like biting/nibbling with her front teeth, like she would when grooming herself.
She does that to the sheets/comforter when she gets really excited.
Cracks me up each time.

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 5:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Woo hoo - you gonna get me started. My Catahoula is the goofiest dog I have EVER had. I especially loves when she checks both sides of the window. Okay, our windows come down to just about 6 inches off the floor. She will lay in front of the window, just calmly looking out - all of a sudden she will jump up and fly out the doggie door - around the corner and stop dead still to stare in the opposite side of the window she just spent the last 10 minutes staring out of from inside the house. Then she'll spot me inside the house and come flying back through the doggie door and right up in my lap.
    Also while she's outside playing, you can see her run by a window, then all of a sudden she will shove her head through the doggie door, look left then right, jerk her head back out and take off again. I could go on and on with the stuff that this one does - like I said I've NEVER had a dog act like she does. Keeps me laughing.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• "Flying Kitty" comes to mind. That's when he jumps from the window sill ~in front of my eyes/ to the t.v. ~then to the front door ~just to walk back to the window sill to fly in front of me again.  That's how he tells me he wants togo outside really badly!

"Squirrel" is quite funny.  He climbs a tree and just hangs like a squirrel with all four paws spread and holding on!

"Thunder and Lightening"  He's Thunder and the girl cat is Lightening.  Thy wrestle. He's loud, she's fast!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Also, "Belly Boy" He likes to straddle my arm, turn his head upside down, place his butt on my lap and have his belly rubbed!  Don't ask, it's a really awkward position, but he likes it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I had a pet parakeet that greeted everyone,with "oiy", "pretty baby", and a whistle. It learned those things naturally from family members. My mom often says "oiy". My brother loves to whistle. And many times, I greeted my pet parakeet "pretty baby."
    amethyst0807

Answer by amethyst0807 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My mini pinscher is affectionately known as the Phantom Humper. He has a particular 'thing' for a giant stuffed penguin of my daughter's. No other stuffed animals or the other dogs though, just that penguin. We just keep it put up so he doesn't whig out. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My Kitten Abbie is about 5 months old and loves to......

..... play fetch! she has a tennis ball and tin foil ball that she will bring to me and have me through and she will bring it right back, even in the middle of the night!!

....sleep on any surface especially in the bathroom sink or tub. ( is that weird or what?!?)

.....climbs in the fridge whenever i open it, and doesnt move when i start to close it.

.....jumps on the table when she hears me with the ice cube...because she wants one in her water dish!

the weirdest things are deff the sleeping in the sink/tub and playing fetch!

EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well my blac pomeranian likes too dig at the sheets and them lay on his back and bark at the ceiling and also can't get on the bed by himself so he paws at it till you pick him up no matter what time it is...... and Buster my papillon lies to be in you face 24 7 ha ha and if you move him he gets his feeling hurt ... lol
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Thats funny, My english Mastiff does the same thing to my blankets bed sheets, she'll even do it to my clothes that I am wearing, like a sweatshirt or sweat pants, its funny! It's almost like a twitch for her, weird.
    bigmamatrevino

Answer by bigmamatrevino at 10:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My cat Skitzo has this odd facination with stealing everything I own thats shiny. My dog barks everytime my phone rings. My cat Gizmo has to be in the bathroom with you at night and my cat Earl likes to jump from the top of the cabinets onto the kitchen table and scare the crap outta whoever is sitting there.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I rescued my DS's dog Susie. While she's a great little dog, she is one of the craziest dogs... She likes to eat bubbles. So if I'm blowing bubbles for my son, she's jumping around trying to eat them. Which makes my two year old also eat the bubbles... She is scared of thunder, gun shots, any loud bangs. She will run to me and try to hide behind me... It's funny
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 9:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2009