Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby"s father does not work and we are not together.

he does not work and is a low life hat may be harsh to say but he is i dont want to put him on child support becayse he will get to take har and to the house that i dont like because they dodrugs and sell drugs what do i do im stressed out i dont work because i dont have a babysitter and i dont trust daycare.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • How many of our young baby boys will grow up just like this guy??????????????????

    It seems the cafemoms married them!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, but it's refreshing that you're so strong in facing your problem instead of running away from it. The best I can tell you is you're going to have to sacrifice some of your preference. What I mean is that if it takes putting your baby into daycare so you can get a job, you are going to have to do it. Of course, you can be extra cautious. Check out daycare centers that are around you and see if you can find reviews on them or take a tour and talk to other parents who leave their children at the center. I completely understand how you feel about daycare center, but you've got to look at your options and pick the best one. I'm sure you would agree that your child be safer at a daycare center than if you leave him/her with the father.

    Also, please check into my business: Perhaps I can help you stay at home to care for your baby and make an income...

    Answer by raelen06 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • i know i hate that he dont care what i have to saty he dont think like a parent should its frustrating.

    Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • why dont you trust daycare? if its licensed they HAVE to follow protocol and if they dont you can sue and get a lot of money ;]

    Answer by pookipoo at 5:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • Child support is not the same as visitation. You can file for child support. He would have to ask for visitation. Or just take the baby and leave.

    You need to reach out for help in your community. I don't think day care is good for the development of any baby. Babies do better cared for in a home with only a couple of other children. You may be able to find another mother with a baby or young child and trade baby sitting with so you would have no child care costs.

    When I was a single mom I went back to college with 3 kids and lived in family housing. We were able to live on child support and financial aid. Today there are a lot of medical training programs you can finish in 2 years, including nursing. You can make $60 an hour as a nurse. My son is a RN, he graduated when he was 20. I have another son that is almost done with Medical Lab Technology and my youngest wants to do Occupational Therapy Assistant.


    Answer by GailllAZ at 5:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • I felt the same way back when I was pregnant and then had my son. I didnt want child support for the same reason. I ended up going to court and filing for termination of rights. He didnt show up to court because he had contacted child support beforehand and let them know that he didnt want my son and that it was for the best. His right were terminated and hes been out of the picture for 6 years.

    I would say document everything and take it to court... you need to let them know why you dont trust him with your child. He might have to have supervised visitation but that is better than unsupervised. Maybe you can find one of those internet jobs or sell avon or something. I wish you the best of luck... great job at trying to protect you baby :)

    Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • please take my advice and try an online college course. Thats two years you can stay at home w/ the kids for an Associates, or four years for a Bachlors Degree. Then you can get a job that supports the family and pays for adequet childcare...or they will be in school by then.

    Answer by Amberoz at 12:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Dh has NO sex drive...HELP!

Next question overall (Pets)
What's your pets weird quirk?

Recently Bumped in Life & Home
Goodbye Ladies!