Anyone make their own baby bedding?

I've been looking online and can't find any baby bedding that I just absolutley love and the one I did find was $330 on babysrus.com and that just seems crazy to pay that much. I started looking on eBay at some that were hand made and got the idea to make my own (with my grandmas help) and was wondering if anybody else had done this and had any tips or any good patterns to go by?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would love some help doing a fitted sheet or a half fitted sheet. I don't have any one I can ask for help around me and don't have the money to go buy all these books and such to figure it out half way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My grandmother made me what she called the baby safe comforter for the crib. She wanted it to stay put so the baby would stay covered up - so she made it just to size of the mattress and put a button and button hole "string" (only about 3 inches long) at each place there was a slat in the crib. It was a pain to put that thing on and button every single button around the slat- but it was a WONDERFUL idea and worked like a charm. It was just loose enough that baby could move around under the cover, but baby couldn't kick it off AND what I liked best was the the button and button hole strings weren't long enough for baby to get caught in and if baby got scooted to the edge - baby couldn't get caught in or between them. There was no hazard - which you wouldn't think of a comforter with strings attached. I passed it on to my younger sisters when they had babies - it went through 8 babies before it wore out.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I made sheets, and blankets and a crib skirt....pretty simple really.

there are lots of online free patterns and ideas but many of the pattern companies (simplicity, butterick.mccalls) have the cutest baby bedroom patterns.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I love the idea of this, and thank you for the link!!!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 5:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I did it, but let me tell you, patterns aren't necessarily exact for your crib- escpecially if its a convertable (and mine wasn't even that but it still didn't fit right!) the last thing you want to do is make all those pieces and they don't fit! Measure EVERYTHING! You'll be so glad you did. I had the sheet, skirt, bumper, diaper thing and curtains made. The diaper holder was the only thing. There is a great website that I can't think of...google paducah fabrics and you'll get it. They have every fabric you can imagine and great rates/quality everything!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009