Any suggestions for newborn diapers? Which are the best?

In the process of doing our registry and I would like to know which diapers are the best? As you can see this is our 1st pregnancy so we are new to the diaper thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Swaddlers!
    When my son was born at 27 weeks, we weren't really prepared to think all that through yet. The hospital had him in Swaddlers and he came home with a package of them. During the course of changing him in the NICU and etc, we both loved them. They were super soft, like cloth, they had a preemie size, and it had a cutout for his umbilical cord.
    With this second pregnancy, they'll be in Swaddlers again - if I don't get around to making those cloth diapers quite in time. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh. They're made my Pampers.
    I recommended my friend on them, and she's not using them on her newborn! :] They're really super great.
    K_Sawyer

• I agree! Pampers Swaddlers are great!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• pampers swaddlers were great, but I really liked Huggies... they have a special diaper that is cut around the belly button and those were so soft! My fav for sure!!! And pampers made my dd break out in diaper rash a lot.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Alot of people say to avoid the generic ones, but I have a friend who has 3 kids and said she loves the target brand of diapers. So I bought a small pack of those just incase. Also, heard the Kirkland brand at Costco works well to. We didn't buy alot of newborn sized diapers just incase she didn't fit into them. She is going to be big.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes Pampers Swaddlers were good but I also liked Huggies as well. Huggies seem to have more give to them so you have more of a choice to how loose/tight you need it to be...Pampers I found weren't that way. However Pampers were softer than Huggies and did better with keeping the smell in.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I always used Huggies and Pampers with my daughter and they are both equally good in my opinion and are only about $1 difference a box. They never leaked around her legs either.
    I had got some cheaper diapers at my baby shower and some of them would make her butt break out really bad.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I LOVED Swaddlers!! They were always my first preference
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I loved the swaddlers by pampers and used them until my son grew out of them. Never a real fan of the huggies. Both brands have the newborn ones with the bellybutton cut out though.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009