If you went into labor naturally, do you remember feeling anything before you went into labor?

Just curious if there are any signs to watch for besides the typical pain in the back, loose stools, cramping. I know a few people whose water broke in the middle of the night. Just wondering if you remember how you felt before it happened.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We had sex and then I went into labor.... :-)
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• With my first DD, I woke up having the feeling of needing to pee every 2 minutes, after about 15 minutes of nothing coming out but still feeling like I had to pee, I woke DH up and we went to the hospital, I had here 2 hours later. Not your typical labor pains but thats what I had. DD number 2 was induced. Baby number 3 was just tightening in my abdomin every few minutes but no pain. Once there was a pattern, I went to the hospital and had him a few hours later.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think there was anything really special for me.
    I have bloody show. Constipation feeling. Plus, I knew, I just KNEW I would be going into labor on my DH's day off - and experiencing those 2 feels for a couple nights, the last day of his 3 day "break" I was hit by contractions. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• my water didn't break, I had to have it to broken at the hospital. I mainly just remember cramping and being uncomfortable thru out the day. Then at around ten that night I started to get intense contractions, as they started to get closer together I told my hubby (then fiance) that I think I was bout to have our son... at first he didn't believe me i had to pretty much push him out the door lol. I assume it was because I was handling it well, l think he expected me to flip out from the pain lol. But yea we got to the hospital about 3-330 am and he was born at 5:35 am.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I felt pretty sure I would be in for a few more days being overdue. (I was 40 weeks and 1 day)

I got up in the morning, had breakfast - cleaned, had lunch, had sex - had mild cramps after that, cleaned some more, ate curry for dinner, sat down to relax and watch some TV, had some more cramping, then some more, then more, and realized that it may be labor - phoned the hospital at about 10pm, they told me to come in - got there at about 12pm (by this time I was in a lot of pain and was having contractions every 6 minutes) - and they said I was 5 cm dialated, and was ready to go down to labor and delivery, my waters broke a couple of hours later, and had my daughter at 8:10am.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was just uncomfortable period. The day before my contractions started I felt really "full" after not eating anything. I couldn't keep anything down. And I was anxious, like I KNEW I was getting ready to go into labor. Thats besides the typicals, like you stated.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Only thing I remember was feeling a tremendous amount of pressure on my bottom starting about a half a day or a day before. Nothing painful just pressure - my water didn't break by itself with either child. What was always funny to me is that my Papaw knew on Tuesday that I was going to have my baby on Friday. He was absolutely right. How HE knew - only heaven knows. But still - just the pressure on my bottom.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• just crampy feeling all night long. then my water broke in the morning, active labor started a couple hours later, then my son was born in the evening! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009