What do you do when you feel guilty? For everyone.

What if you have done something really wrong? How do you get rid of that guilt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ugh, the feeling of guilt. It is so heavy and depressing; it is like a weight or a ball and chain!!! Personally I take comfort in Psalm 51 and Psalm 131. I confess my sins to God and ask Him to take away the feeling of guilt.

Of course I apologize to those I have wronged and I make up for things I have done to hurt people. But guilt is deeper than that; I can't go back and change what I did.

I think that is one of the best parts of being a Christian. Just knowing that He paid the price for my sins and that He separated my sins from me as far as the east is from the west, and He will look on them no more. I can move past the shame and feel GRACE and MERCY!!!

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I tell on myself. Yes I'm serious. Whether it's a huge mistake or not, if I feel even one twinge of guilt I tell.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well apologize if I have hurt someone and realize that they may or may not accept it.
    If I stole something I would return it with interest.
    Etc.
    If you are feeling guilty you obviously KNOW you did something wrong. The only thing TO do isRight that wrong.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I go to confession.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If its really bad, the something that I did then Ill try and make amends cuz that will be the only way to rid the guilt.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• depends on what you did - I usually swallow the guilt and live with it as my own punishment for doing it -and hopefully learn from the mistake !
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I go to confession. I ask for forgiveness from whomever I have offended. I try to make amends. I figure out what I can learn from the mistake I made, and then I forgive myself. I get over it. I always tell myself (when I have made a mistake, or something bad happens), that it will be a great story to share with my grandkids. I also remind myself that life would be boring (and I will be a boring old person) if I don't make mistakes or go through hard times.

Also, you have to remember that you are not the only one. All of us make mistakes.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I mull over it and get over it eventually. If it harms someone else, I right it and go on with my life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• you make amends..whether the person you aimed your negative-action at recieves your apology, is up to him/her. at least you know you tried to make things right. (funny, you ask this..am having a bit of a problem with something today myself...)
    make amends/do what's right...wait for response, if any....and get on with your life. hopefully, you'll learn from the mistake. (i'm working on it.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I apologize and do not expect forgiveness. I try to make it right. After a certain amount of beating myself up about it, I move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009