Single parents...

So here is my queston...Do you get annoyed when people sit there and tell you your child needs a father?? It annoyes the crap out of me!! What can a man do for my daughter that I can't. Anyways I just wanted to know if anyone else got as annoyed as I do.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It always annoyed me and my kids. I decided not to date, being a single mother was complicated enough. That was 20 years ago and my youngest is now 21. I don't regret it.

Who needs a man when you can have a dog!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My husband plays sports with my kids. I can't, or won't.
    He plays video games with them. I can't, or won't.
    He teaches them things I don't know.
    He teaches them that sometimes, mommy needs a break, and I get one.
    Kids benefit with a dad.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I feel that kids benefit from a father figure. But at the same time, dont go looking to find your kids a father, go looking to find yourself a life partner. The right man will automatically fall into place as a stepfather/father figure.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Statistic proove that kids with only one parent grow up with LOTS more emotional problems, behavior and self disciplin problems and are more likely to get into gangs, drugs or preggo at a young age repeting the cycle of single parenthood. Not to mention only one income makes it so you never get anything because the child always needs something or you neglect the childs needs for your own selfish needs. 2 parents is how God wanted it, or we would be able to get preggo without a man.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's nice to have a dad, but I don't think it's a must have. I had planned on raising my son alone, but here I am happily married to a wonderful man that my son calls dad. Would we have been fine without him? Absolutly but it's nice to have him.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 6:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• What's the deal with vbruno and pnukey's answers? OP didnt't ask if kids need a father, she asked if other single parents get annoyed with people like them making stupid remarks. And obviously you two aren't single parents so why even open up the question? I grew up without a dad and I turned out fine, I have a good job, great kids and a great SO. Growing up without a dad isn't a sentance to a life of hell as long as the mom works her ass off the raise her kids right, which is what my mom did. Agree with a pp, don't get with a man just so your kids can have a father. Find someone who loves all of you and makes you happy. And if that hasn't happened yet don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009