Has anyone every had the flu while pregnant? I have come in contact with someone with the flu. I have no symptoms as of yet, but am scared if I get it since pregnant women are at high risk for complications.

agabriel1974

Asked by agabriel1974 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a bad cold and couldnt get any drugs for it. It was horrible but I survived it with sitting in the bathroom with the hot water on in the shower to help me breath and with LOTS of orange juice and water. 5 years from now you'll look back on this pregnancy and laugh. Honest
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Both my kids have had the swine flu since I have been pregnant but I did not get it from either of them
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Thanks for the responses.

Jaydin, you are lucky you didn't get the swine flu.
    I have hugged this person twice and we were talking face to face, do you think I have a good chance of getting the flu?
    agabriel1974

Answer by agabriel1974 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• im 23 wks...i was around my brother in law when he had the flu, i called my doctor and asked if there was anything that i could do to help me not get it....they called me in a prescription of tamaflu....its used to treat and prevent the flu....if your really worried you might get it call your doc and ask for a prescription...it helped me..i dindt get sick
    maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My daughter had the swine flu last week so my doctor put me on tamiflu to keep me from getting it. I haven't gotten it yet and my husband also had some kind of flu at the same time as my daughter but he tested negative for swine flu. Anyway that is what the doctor will do.
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• With my first child, I had the flu twice. But I survived with the help of a humidifier and taking the OTC meds my doctor said were safe.

It's hard and if you don't over tire yourself you'll be just fine. Just watch and if you do get it, keep an eye on your fluid intake and your temperature.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 10:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2009