what did you guys pack for you baby and hubby to take to the hospital?

my Dr says they pretty much provide EVERYTHING like tooth brush toothe paste,pit stuff, things for showers, extra pillows, snakcs, diapers wipes, pads, and tv so

so far i have only packed a nursing bra, pjs for me, a going home outfit me, and for baby, little sockies and a hat to keep her head warm.., two cameras, diapers just in case, some wipes just in case, nursing pads..., and yah thats pretty much it.. i wasnt sure if hubby was aloud to stay the night if we did stay the night there and if i'd need to pack him things or not. the car seat is already in the car and the bag is in the car just in case (we're on the road a lot) we're not home when i go into labor... i plan on taking a book and a little gameboy thingie my husband plays alot for intertainment as well.. did i miss something? should i pack hubby a bag or will they make him go home?? ( btw we live litteraly 5 minutes up the road so no bigie)

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my hubby later bring me a "gown" and my hair brush/tooth brush/ I accepted the soap from the hospital (I've been there for 3-4 days) so I had to shower, and clothes to go home in for you and baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I like to take my own toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, make up, even soap (I have smell issues).

Nursing bras and nursing pads, pajamas, change of clothes, socks, slippers
    Husband: pajamas, change of clothes, contact stuff, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor

camera, batteries, outfit for baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• make sure you pack chap stick your lips will be drying out with all the breathing! and really just bring things to keep you entertained because unless you have that baby fast your gonna be pretty bored word searches stuff like that and i would take my own tolietries too just for comfort the stuff they give you is cheap but really you dont need that much stuff they do provide you with everything but comfortable clothing the baby will have all the diapers and wipes and clothing while shes there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Not sure I would bother with the night gown. My hospital couldn't wait to get me into one of those stylish gowns (although they did provide a nice fuzzy robe as well). I took a laptop, a book, an outfit for DS and some deodorant. I didn't even have a change of clothes because I was just going in for a "just in case" monitoring and ended up staying to have the baby. DH was in and out at will, they gave him the number of the desk to get in and out at will. They will give you EVERYTHING if you want them to, including really cheap undies so you don't ruin yours.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 7:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• you should really ask if your husband will be staying with you. the hospital birth center we went to allowed dad's to stay in the room with us.

the one thing i wish i would have brought was more food. i felt like they were starving me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Dont forget Slippers, perfume ( if you have visitors want to smell nice) a little money, cell phone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• What I packed for me: Pictures of my other kids, robe, slippers, pillow (I have a special pillow b/c of back problems), laptop, camera, video recorder, cell phone and charger, lotion, no-slip socks or slippers, my own toiletries (sensitive skin), chapstick, snacks (I was STARVING after each birth), list of people to contact (family), pjs (I can't stand the robe. A nightgown or really baggy pants and shirt)
    For baby: 3 outfits, carseat, socks, beanies, blanket(they will provide formula, diapers, and wipes)
    For DH: (he got to stay with me at both hospitals) 2 changes of clothes, toiletries, cell and charger, snacks (for delivery room and after), change for vending machines, pillow (he got stuck on the floor or in the chair. lol).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2009