For those of you who were stay at home wives (prior to having kids) what did you do all day?

I asked earlier if anyone was a SAH wife-after being married but before having kids- and I'm just curious what did you do all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• With all this free time everybody mentioned and me time, not 1 person mentioned doing volunteering,visiting nursing homes, feeding people in soup kitchens,holding babies in the hospital. Please tell me,just how much me time do a woman need,if,there is no kids,and the husband is at work,that's called lazy and selfish,giving is giving of yourself and time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was taking classes long distance for medical transcription and tried not to throw up (was pregnant and had bad morning sickness).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I couldn't get a job in my field so I ended up signing up with a temp agency and ultimately working fairly regularly. On days I didn't work, I did housework, cooked a nice dinner and spent too much time online! I would much prefer working!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would visit friends, clean the house, have time to run errands, laundry and have me time!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was a SAHW for a short amount of time.
    I was bored to tears.. lol.
    I cooked, cleaned, did laundry, ran errands, paid bills, organized the bills... surfed the web, watched some TV, walked the dogs, stuff like that... now, I pretty much still do the same, only I have a 15 month old, and I'm pregnant. :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was a stay at home wife for 7 months. It about drove me crazy! We had just moved to Germany where my husband was stationed at. He didn't want me to get a job because winter was coming and he was too afraid that I would not do well with the icy conditions so I was a SAHW. There is only so much cleaning you can do in a small apartment. I would normally go downtown and walk around (it was only a few blocks from our place). Sometimes I would take the bus to the army post which was about 20 minutes away and do my errands on post. Two months after I was leaving there our neighbor was leaving and he sold me his car for $40. I started driving to the post everyday and soon the whole "I don't want you to work so you won't have to drive in the snow" argument got thrown out the window. So, I got a full time job and starting going to school full time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was pregnant at the time (i had to quite working because of my pregnancy). So I did the usual chores and tried to not feel like crap every second of the day..lol.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would clean, have lunch with my friends, go shopping and have lots of time to read my favorite books.

Answer by older at 6:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would read, sew and quilt, cook, and I LOVED to can things. I would make my own sauces and such and can them for later.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It sure sounds nice. I wish I could have that!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009