How much would you pay for a SAHM to babysit in her home?

With her having 1 toddler of her own and taking just 2 kids and maybe 2 after school kids. Would you rather provide lunch or have it provided?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would provide lunch, the rate varies by area it can be anything from 2$ an hr to 5$ an hr per child or something like 3$ for the 1st child and 2$ for the second per child per family. It also depends on the ages of the kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I babysit a 4yo four days/20 hours a week and 2 days a week I pick his 6 & 9yo siblings up and have them for what totals to 5 hours a week. I charge my friend $150 a month which is about $1.50 an hour. She's a single mom in school and I don't need the extra income. I'd do it for free to be honest but she would never go for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh, she provides lunch but that's because they're vegans and we aren't so she packs his food and snacks with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would charge 100.00 a week each and the after school care 25.00 week each
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009