Have they cried wolf enough yet?

Have we hit the point now that in the instances where terrible things do happen due to racism, nobody will believe it and blow it off as more whining?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They have used the word racism to the point where it doesn't mean anything. People shrug it off as left wing nuts trying to get their way and make money from frivilous lawsuits and discrimination.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I know I'm going to GAG every time I hear the word "racism" from now on.  It's been so over used by the left, in order to try guilting people into their way of thinking, it's pathetic!  It's obvious they don't even really know the meaning of the word.  I grew up during the 60's and 70's, I SAW racism, the way they're using the word is meaningless.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• What happened now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think there are some serious issues out there. I also think there are some liberals who think the easiest way to get protesters to shut up is to lump all protesters together as racist... I think that will hurt the left come election time. But if that is how they choose to behave to avoid the issues, so be it. I for one know I am not, nor is my local tea party racist. What the left chooses to do to demonize us, will only hurt... There are extremists in every group. You can't stop crazies from showing up. Both sides..  But to ASSUME they are reflective of the majority is simply absurd.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Racism is a pointless word today. It is so overused and yes it's a matter of crying wolf WAY to often. But I do believe racism still happens. BTW? We are ALL the same race. The Human Race. Our nationalities are the only difference in people
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• When elected officials stop doing racist shiz, then we'll stop yelling
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

Ding! You have just increased your skill level in Completely Missing the Point (200).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

How do YOU know I missed the point, are YOU the ANON op?? How "brave" of you....This is an obvious DIG and the republicans being called on their RACIST bullshxt....Can't help that, call a spade a spade
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• How do YOU know I missed the point,

Because it's pretty obvious to anyone who can read and has an IQ over 70?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• How do YOU know I missed the point,

Very mature
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009