My 2 month old has green poop what does that mean?

My son is breastfeed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be something you ate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• it''s normal and believe me you will see many more different and disgusting colors! lol
    mandy628

Answer by mandy628 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Is ur lil one breastfed??
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Mine had greenish poo all the time when we were EBF. But now at 21 months she only has when she is sick. I think it is becuase she drinks more breast milk then anything then. It is normal, and just wait it is all down hill form here as far as poo goes.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My sons poop turned a mucousy dark green at about 2 1/2 months. I took him in at 3 months to question it (he was also constipated, feverish, and there had been a little blood in his poop). My doctor advised me that there was nothing wrong with him, and that it was transitional stools. He had started eating for slightly shorter periods of time as well. at the four month appointment we found out that he had lost almost 2 pounds. He had however, been gaining length still. The doctor told me to feed him formula and bring him back in a month (a week from now). He offered no advice except stop breastfeeding. I decided to supplement with formula since he was losing weight. Now he will not take the breast at all. & will scream if you try to give it to him. Now that I've researched more, I realize it was most likely a hindmilk deficiency. He was cutting himself off before getting to the nutrients & fat & was basically starving.
    lovezion

Answer by lovezion at 12:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sorry, I didn't read the part that he was bf. Green poop means baby's getting more foremilk than hindmilk. If you don't already bf on one side and don't switch til the next feeding. Baby may not be expressing all the milk on one side. It's nothing to worry about. Look up more detailed info on kellymom.com
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009