God Parents?

Who did you choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My brother, his sister. In my family (brothers n sister), we keep it in the family. I baptized my friend's little girl bcuz she doesn't have extended family.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The wrong ones! LOL Choose wisely please! Ours were very late to the baptismal ceremony, I was furious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Im not close to my sister anymore, my brother is pretty much a loser and i moved in March and none of my friends are close to me anymore. Im so screwed!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My mom picked my aunt (her sister) to be my godmother and my father chose his friend to be my godfather. Needless to say my father walked out on me when I was three months old so I never knew my father or my godfather.

For my oldest son, I chose my sister and my cousin.
    For my youngest son I chose my aunt (my godmother) and my uncle.

I would suggest to keep your choices within your family. If you need to choose friends than thats fine too, just choose wisely. My aunt lives in georgia and she came all the way to PA for the Baptism so your friends should travel to you for the special occasion and if they dont....they dont deserve the honor anyway....

Im sorry you are going through this...I hope is all works out for you :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My sister for my first son & again for my second & my husbands good friend for the godfather
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My daughter's godparents are my sister and brother. My son's godparents are people that used to be friends of ours until they betrayed us! Unfortunately, our parish Priest says the only way we can change our son's godparents is if they were to die. God forgive me, but I wish the would!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009