How much do you pay for childcare

Do you take your kids to a daycare facility or do you have someone watch them in your home or someones home?

ana326

Asked by ana326 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont have kids, but i was a babysitter for 3 years i bascially got 36-40$ a day for a full day 8 or more hours. daycare is expensive best getting a babysitter if its someone you can trust
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 6:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We have an in-home babysitter-- we take our DD to her house 5 days per week, 9 hours per day. We pay $100/wk
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 6:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I pay $105/week for a toddler at a daycare center.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I babysit one 2 year old boy his mom use to give 65 a week until just recently when another child i was babysitting went to school so i didn't have her anymore and asked if she could start giving 75 thats for 9 to 9 and a half hours 5 days a week and if she only brings him 3 days she only gives 50 she brings him sick and with PINK EYE once i guess she figures that since i don't watch anyother kids it doesnt' matter if he is sick.....(IDK) but i do have a child that is 4 and goes to school that he is getting germs in MY house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have two daughters who are 4 and 6... I'm trying to get an idea of how much to pay someone to watch them in my home....
    ana326

Answer by ana326 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Right now we are about to start paying 125 each for my 2 and 3 year old for PART time daycare at a center. I don't know if we are going to be able to swing that for long! That's 125 a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I pay to have a sitter at her house. $50 a week.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have an in-home daycare that I pay $125/week for my dd, but I also pay $70 per month for preschool.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We pay 2k a month for 4 kids part time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• 100 buck a month for my girls 11 & 4 but only 3 days a week because I only work 3 days a week and the person who watches our girls is none other than grandma. She's awesome and really didn't ask us to pay her anything but we wanted to give her something for her time. She is retired and doesn't have to do it just because she's grandma, she does it because she knows how expensive day care is and doesn't think I should work just to pay the sitter - that my money should go to help provide for the family.

I've been told by my friends who have to send their kids to day care that I'm lucky and I tell them all the time that I'm blessed. Love Ya Mum - Thanks!!!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009