what happens during a HIDA scan?

i have been having some bad pains in my belly the doctor thinks its my galbladder. thursday i go to the doctor to get a HIDA scan. they said it will take 2-3 hours and to come alone if my husband comes he will have to stay in the waitting room. what in the world takes 2-3 hours and how do they test ur galbladder? Y cant my husband be there? i want to know whats wrong but i want my huband with me i hate being alone.

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 6:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Health

• she's having this done to see if theres anything wrong with her liver. sometimes the good outweighs the bad. if her doctor is recommending it then its up to her if she wants to get the test done. people have xrays all the time and other people arent supposed to be in the room, so should they just allow a broken bone to heal just so that the patient doesnt get the radiation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• about hubby not being able to go in the room with you, my guess is that they wont expose your husband to the radiation. he doesnt need to be in the room because he's not getting a procedure done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• if he cant then should she even be getting it done? and radiation from xrays and stuff only hurt u if u are exposed every day for a long period of time. idk what goes on sorry:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009