Army wives only..

ok my husband is joining the army, it was going to be the airforce, things changed.. anyways.. army wives PLEASE send me ANY advice, i know its alot of deploying, so on. im so worried, but all i want to do is support him. i have a friend just got married and herhusband just joinged the army 3 months ago hes already in Iraq. how many times has ur husband been deployed within the last year 2 years. how long are their deployments? im so worried. will i ever get used to it?. he hasnt went to Basic yet, or do we know where we will move to yet. I need any support, or advice from you ladies. thanks

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 6:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the most important thing to do is just support him. The military life is a very stressful one on whoever is in it and it is even more stressful on the spouse when they deploy. Dont worry about where you are going to be based at since you always have the choice of having military housing so you dont have to worry about where you are going to live; and your utility bills are payed for out of your housing money so you dont have to worry about those either. And dont ever believe him when he says he is gonna be home by 5 lol; if the airforce is anything like the army then that is when he thinks he will be home and doesnt mean that is when he is coming home as all kinds of things can pop up. Its a huge relief financially but it does make up for that in headaches. Medically you and him and any children will be taken care of and with the deployments they try to give at least a month advance notice but not always.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well my husband actually just got back in june i was married at 17 and 2 months after we married he deployed to iraq it is a very stressful life and is not easy at all the best thing is to support him through everything and be as strong as possible even when you dont feel you can be you have to be the military is not a bad life i grew up in it my whole life but it is very stressful and takes alot trust is a major component in every relationship but i think even more in the military because of the time you will spend away from each other and remember as stressed as you are with everything he feels it to just find as much time as you can to spend together and do everything to keep your "team" strong hope this helps i wish you all nothing but the best
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Okay sweetie, there are two books that will save your life--

Today's Military Wife-5th edition by Lydia Sloan Cline
    Married to the Military by Meredith Leyva
    Read them, and they will REALLY help.

As for deployments, my dh deployed about 3 months out of Basic training. I can guarantee he will be gone at most, 6 months after he graduates. As for length, Army Reserves goes for 13 months, including pre-MOB phase. Army goes for 12 months, including pre-MOB and National guard goes for 15 months, including pre-MOB(my dh is Nat'l Guard...dangit! LOL)
    It is hard sweetheart, but just remember--any and every feeling you have is normal. Love him even when you want to strangle him, and pm me anytime for any help you need. I am the FRGl for dh's unit(you'll learn about those later) so I have a ton of resources and can find post/state specific ones for you.
    Oh and learn to love Military One Source. they are a gift from God. I swea
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009