Do you put it all out on facebook?

There's a few people I'm friended to from back in high school that aren't really "friends" and I haven't really talked to in years. I know more about their marital issues, money problems and work catastrophes than I do about most people I'm related to or friends I talk to on a regular basis.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nope my daughters and my siblings are on my friends list. years ago I learned if you don't want it to come back and bite you in the arse DO NOT put it in writing
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I put some stuff on there, but not really personal. Like, I put on there that I broke my ankle, but if my boyfriend and I had a fight, I wouldn't put that on there. But, also, most of the people I have on mine are my good friends or family members, and they usually know stuff about me anyway.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I say what im doing that day or how the weekend was... I never go into details or say if something bad happend. Thats a little much
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No, I don't. I'm very private to begin with so the people you mentioned don't even know about a lot of my life issues.
    I think people who do that are just seeking attention.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have a "friend" on facebook that I am really just acquaintances with. She routinely posts stuff about being broke and all the "bad" things that happen to her as her status. It just screams pity party to me, or "maybe someone will feel bad and give me money".
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I put personal stuff but I feel like if you do not like it do not read it. My husband's family has complained about it but I could careless what they think about me anyway because I am too darkly pigmented for their family! Anyway everyone else on there is/was pretty close friends/family so I would share that information with them in person.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I'll put up things that i'm doing or if my son's team wins a football game. But nothing personal. I figure people who really need to know about it will find out when I tell them personally.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Nope, I don't. I usually update little tid bits of what is going on in my day ..my status right now says "The season premiere of House starts in 10 minutes" :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• LOL! I know every single little detail about my friend's life due to Myspace and FB. She even posts when she gets a "massage". Do not need to know that, honey!

I personally usually post really stupid stuff on my status, or I'll just update with a lame status report. I don't go on there and bitch about my husband or my family like I do here xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i do sometimes elude to things, without details. most of my fb friends are truly friends in realtime, and will end up pm-ing me wanting to know wth i 'meant by that'? of course, sometimes, one of them will assume she knows something, comment, and that causes others to wonder...funny stuff, sometimes.
    i tend to status a lot of what my 4 1/2yo says/does..he's pretty hilarious at this stage!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009