Can you discribe what braxton-hicks feels like. I think i have been having them but am not sure. it sometimes is just a sharp pain in my stomach that lasts half a second then goes away other times it just feels like my stomach tightens up really bad. when it does this it doesnt really hurt its just uncomfortable. Thanks

Asked by stephmiester87 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I never felt the braxton-hicks contractions but when I went into labor the beginning contractions felt like gas pains that lasted 30 sec. to a couple minutes.

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• The muscle tighting of the stomcah is what I felt! Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I had contractions for quite a while and didn't realize it. It felt like my son was just stretching out. My whole belly would get tight, but it wasn't painful or even uncomfortable. I asked my doc and mom about the sensation and was told that it could be contractions. I started to time the contractions and realized that I was in real labor. I had my son the next day. So...if you're having strange sensations pretty frequently, I'd time them just to see. good luck!

Answer by sbailey at 10:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I did not feel contractions until after my water broke, but when I did it started out as mild period cramping and then the pain just increased. Best of luck to you!

Answer by 2coolmama at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• BH are the ones where your uterus gets really tight. They can be uncomfortable depending on how you're sitting/standing.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Braxton Hicks contractions - BabyCenter
    How to recognize these painless uterine contractions that happen throughout pregnancy. - 111k

Answer by vbruno at 11:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• If there is a very sharp quick pain I would say that much is round ligament pain. However, the tightening of your stomach area could indeed be braxton hicks.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2008