my daughter wont eat

she will be 2 weeks on wednesday and when she was born she was a great eater but now she just doesnt even seem interested in it she is not acting sick but i am starting to get worried is it normal or should i take her to the doctor please help

mom2kaydence09

Asked by mom2kaydence09 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she pee and poo as she used to have after she was born?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 7:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If she didn't, call her doc and see the doc asap.
    ocsosomom

• r u bf or ff? if ur ff try and find a different bottle. my dd only likes the nuk bottles. how often are you feeding her when she does eat? how many wet diapers is she having? If you are really concern then there will be no harm in calling her doctor
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If you are EBF then it could be something you ate that gave her a belly ache. Keep offering her boob, she will eventually latch on again. She will eat soon, babies and children don't know how to starve them selves.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• im ff and someone told me it may be the formula but its the same as what she has been gettin since the hospital and what the doc toldme to give her im just concerned because she gradually stoppped eatin as much and now she wont eat at all and its been almost 8 hours all she is doing is sleeping
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Is it just today that you are having a problem. I remember when my daughter turned 2 weeks. she went through a time where she didnt want to eat but wanted to sleep ALL DAY LONG. Hers was a growth spurt and was fine like the next day. We could only get just a little bit of food down her and then she would fall asleep. It could be that. Still, call your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009