has anyone had toxemia while preg?

and if so did it affect your pregnancy in any way and can anyone explain to me in human language what the heck it is. ( you know how the dr's talk all profesional idk what he was talking bout) i'm currently 33 weeks and i'm doing my weekly visits already just because i have toxemia...

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's high blood pressure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Toxemia or pre-eclampsia is a medical condition that is found only during pregnancy. It has to have both high blood pressure (and the number is coming down all the time, like it should be under 135/80) and protein in the urine. The exact cause is unknown, but it is felt that genetics may be an underlying factor, or an auto-immune disorder or blood vessel problems.

The only CURE is delivery of the baby. It can be controlled with some medications, avoidance of certain foods, rest (especially lying on the left side).

I can tell you loads more if you want more info, it's fine to PM me. I had it, I delivered at 37.4 weeks and the baby was fine.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I actually had pre-eclampsia and I lost my baby girl at 32 weeks (the hardest thing I have ever been through.) The doctors didn't catch it in time. I am now pregnant again and they put me on Lovenox shots (blood thinners) and said it should help. I start going to the doctor twice a week at 32 weeks. I am now 27 1/2 weeks so Im pretty nervous. As long as your doctor caught it in time, you should be okay.
    kimberlyjean18

Answer by kimberlyjean18 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009