my due date is on wednesday.

not a question, just my due date is on wednesday, and i feel she wont be here for a week, which im okay with. i hear all these mommy's at like 37 weeks and saying how can you naturally start labor, but im not like that. im okay still beingpregnant, even though im miserable, but just wanted to know, am i the only one okay not to go into labor.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no your not im 38wks im not really that miserable i just want to see what he looks like at this point half the time i dont even feel pregnant and im really hoping i go 40wks and maybe some days theres still a few things i need to get lol
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i jsut gave birt 2 weeks ago i was ok with not going into labor but at 38 weeks i went in for my weekly check up and the doctor said i think you are goin to deliver today i was like no im not he said uh yeah we are going to induce you i was happy bein pregnant and wanted to go naturally it just did not happen that way
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No, I miss being pregnant :( I was 11 days overdue. I wasn't that uncomfortable.. It was hard, but I miss it soo much.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• until about 40 weeks, i was not ready at all and definitely not wanting to rush things. around 40 weeks, i started to feel ready. then he was born at 41 weeks, by which time i felt like i was going to be pregnant forever! lol. but i think i wasn't in a rush because i was nervous about being a mom. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would be perfectly content to go overdue. I am pretty miserable, and now I have some kind of stomach flu, but I like being pregnant and I am not ready for it to be over. I am 37 weeks now.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was fine with it. My only concern with my second was that it was a VBAC, and doctors don't like to let pregnancy go on too long in those cases, because of a big baby and all that crap. So I was researching stuff and bought some castor oil the weekend of my due date to be put to use at 41 or 42 weeks, should my doctor insist on scheduling my birth because it was taking so long, but only as a last resort (like if she'd scheduled my C-section for 42 weeks and no baby, I probably would've tried something for the 2-3 days before that to try and make it happen to avoid a C-section). But it never came to that, and I hade my baby at 40 weeks exactly. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009