Where do you print your pictures?

I have some great pictures from our family vacation on the beach that I would like to frame in my house. I've used Walgreens and Walmart for preinting in the past and the pictures are not as great as they appear on my computer. Where can I get my pictures printed that makes them appear professional quality?

Carri2362

Asked by Carri2362 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• mpix.com is a lab open to the public that is used by MANY professional photographers.
    Costco you don't get a whole lot better than at walmart.
    SnoWhiteImages

Answer by SnoWhiteImages at 11:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I upload to Kodak and order the prints online. They're cheap and they arrive quickly, and they always look good.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• snapfish.com
    clarkphotos.com
    i love snapfish. it takes a little time for them to get to me i live in the middle of nowhere but they do a great job.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I go to Costco. They are always great. Sams club does a great job too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Costco!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 8:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• costco
    BodyWrapMama

Answer by BodyWrapMama at 11:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If you sign up for e-mail blasts from Walgreens, you get great coupons. I've found the trick is to order the matte finish prints that have to mailed to your house. If you pick them up at the store, you have to get glossy finish photos, and those don't look as good. It costs a buck or two to have the matte finished shipped, but they look great.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Shutterfly is good. And very reasonable. Always has specials for free prints too. I think when you sign up there is a thing for like 90 free prints or something.
    Heatherdm45

Answer by Heatherdm45 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I heard Shutterfly is good, but an expensive one is Mpix.com for pros. Now honeslty if you do not really know how to take pictures professionally they will not look great when you print them. A little part of it is the processing, but the bulk is the person whom took the shot. I hope you don' think I am trying to be mean. I am truly a piece maker on Cafemom. I make no enemies. Hope this helps.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• One reason for the difference between what you see on your computer and what you get printed is due to the color calibration of most computer monitors. You will want to have your photos color corrected and then printed on professional paper. Yes this may cost a little more but they are your memories that only happen once in a lifetime. They can not be replaced so its worth spending a little more to preserve your memories.

You could also consider creating a digital scrapbook of your vacation photos and then have them printed in a book. I use Heritage Makers for doing just this. Its a great way to preserve your photographs and your memories for many years to come.

Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 1:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009