Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody and child support?

Is it possible to still recieve child support if you have joint custody? If so how do they figure how much, like is it a percentage of the income or what?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • It is a % of your income. My friend has to pay her ex almost $30 per month because she makes more then he does. The figure out the percentage for each person, then cancel out the amounts you both would owe. The person (if any) that makes more has to pay the other one the difference.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • are u saying joint custody or joint legal physical custody? it can affect on if and how much the noncustodial parent has to pay.

    here's a link that might help:

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • Joint custody only means you both decide on things regarding the child. If you have sole physical custody then you get child support. You can determine how much by googling a child support calculator for your state. Keep in mind that it could be less if your income is taken into consideration

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • Joint custody you are still entitled to support, the children still live with you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.