What do you think?

About these people from the London School of (whatever, I cant remember what the full name was) who are claiming that the major cause of global warming is too many kids being born? I don't have a link because i saw it on lou dobbs on cnn tonight, but these people are saying that the fastest way to help the earth is by putting on a condom. I don't know, maybe im weird but I think this is a bunch of crap- they even want to talk to different countries and have them think about setting some population limits- so what do you think of this?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• wow i wish i would have seen that im goin to look it up right now because tat is absolutely ridiculous it has nothing to do with the number of children lol what would make somebody think that i find it kind of amusing i have to find this video
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well, that can't be true when we're casually killing more than what are being born... glaobal warming is such a crock anyway... just one more crazy agenda to be pushed through...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well, if you think about it, having one baby does have a great impact on the environment, because that baby grows up, uses resources, drives a car, has several babies, who also grow up and use resources, drive cars, etc. and it multiplies from there. Hypothetically if we all had one less child, it would make a significant difference in the long run. So, I sort of do see their point. However, I do not think we should mandate family size or force people to use birth control. If they choose to for whatever reason then great!

Not saying I buy into the global warming thing...I just see their point in how one extra baby makes a difference...if that makes sense. :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 8:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It has to do with carbon dioxide that we breathe out. That's why they're also complaining with keeping all the old people alive through added health care.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• wow! those silly liberals just keep on keepin' on! yeehaw!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• wow, just wow, and mandie, I am a liberal, and thats a little far out there even for me (ok, thats really far out there)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• no this isn't an american thing- this study was done by the uk- oh and the name of the school was the London School of Economics i think-
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well if the people on the earth would be more conscientious of their carbon footprint that would help. Mandatory limits on child birth puh-leaze! How about mandatory recycling, or mandatory limitations on car and factory emissions? It is not the person themselves, it is what they choose to do once they are here.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009