Do you think women should be forced to cover up while breastfeeding?

It was a poll on facebook and I figured I'd ask the question here. I saw mixed opinions on facebook. Please TRY and be nice! =) Just cause I ask the question doesn't mean I feel it's a yes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nah, I think women should be able to do what they need to for their kids as long as it doesn't harm anyone. I personally think it's a beautiful thing.

Now if a woman comes running up to me and screams "OMG LOOK AT MY BOOB DO YOU SEE I AM BREASTFEEDING OMG OMG LOOK AT MY TITS WOMAN LOOK AT THEM!!!!!"

...then I'm going to get offended. But I don't think they'd let a woman that insane out of her restraints.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think its crazy how society is now days. They force the issue to breastfeed. BUT society also frowns upon women who breastfeed in public. Its sick how this world thinks. I think breastfeeding is a beautiful thing personally. If the women needs to feed her child so be it. Regardless of if its covered of not.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Forced is the wrong word...
    I was nursing my daughter too, also in public, but I made always sure that I wasn't "flashing" anybody.
    Personally it doesn't bother me if a mom doesn't cover up... It's breastfeeding!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think women who are breastfeeding she have to cover up. There are many reasons to NOT cover up. The baby could get too hot under a blanket no matter how thin (esp. in summer) for example.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Nobody should be "forced" to do anything.

I believe woman can BF comfortably without flashing an entire breast. That does not mean she has to go under a blanket. Sometimes, it is hot, or somekids just don't like the blanket. Some fashions are made with the purpose of breastfeeding.

Yet, if a woman dares to show a tiny bit of flesh, some people do react as if they were watching porn! There needs to be a balance. Sometimes is on the moms, sometimes is in the attitudes of those surrounding us.
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 8:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with putting a light blanket over yourself/shoulder to cover up while doing it. If you weren't breastfeeding would you be letting it all hang out?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think they should be tactful & cover up especially in public places, I am sorry to say but not everyone likes there children to see it no matter how natural you feel it is :(
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Okay, that was my problem with this issue, is that I didn't think "forced" was a good word to use.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 8:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• As long as I don't see you nipple I don't care.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Forced no. Cover up, no. Be politely discrete, that's fine. i bf in public, anywhere, anytime. I treid covering up with a blanket. what a joke. it was most work, more obviouse what i was attempting to do, baby got hot and sweaty, i got hot and sweaty. When i learned how to discretely bf it was enjoyable for both of us, and people really didn't even notice.

I know some women who let it all hang out or flash with no modesty at all. That doesn't bother me, but i can see how some just don't want to see all that flesh.

I personally don't want to see boobs bouncing out of bras, ass hanging out of shorts, your pubic hair b/c your jeans are low-rise, or your camel-toe. When those women cover up and get some modesty, then we can talk about breastsfeeding and the notion of covering a breast!
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009