What is your reason you send your children to public school??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids went to both public and private. I have taught in both public and private. I find that the factor that influences the education at both institutions is the parents. If mom and dad make the education important, the child will too. If we demanded our sons behave, they would. If we got frustrated and spoke badly about the teacher in front of the kids, the kids didn't respect the teacher. If we made excuses, our children made excuses - in both settings. I send my youngest son to public school because he loves marching band. He does well in his classes and wants to be in band. None of the private schools offer the band.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The public school system has been helping my daughter out since she was 2. She went to the elementary twice a week for 2 years and they helped her with speech. They have a bunch of programs and activities for children and her school is VERY good at keeping parents informed.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Because I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. Caring teachers and wonderful education.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Private school is too expensive and inconvenient here. It is also almost ALL religiously based and I have an issue with that as well (not an issue with Christianity, just and issue with the schools run by them). DS is already accessing the public school system here as he is special needs and in head start.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Because I believe in public education! Having an open and accessible education system for all children is the hallmark of a fee country. I want all children to have to opportunity to be educated not just the select few who can afford private school.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 8:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There is no private school around here, the only private school is at least an hour away.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have about as many issues with private schools as I do public schools..just diffeent issues. My school property taxes are over $2300 a year. I am paying for the schools and now how school age children again. Thats where they go.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Because,why some was spending thousands to keep up with the Jones,my children was receiving the best education a person could get,from speech class,motivation class,cooking,sewing class,psychology testing for IEPS,trips to every museum and science fair,oh,and,please don't forget the tutoring they received so they could score over and beyond on the PSAT,and their SAT,so you see I have nothing but good positive things to say about Public schools. I have taught my children(grown now),it don't matter what school you walk in that counts,it's how you walk out,which grade you make,what type of degree you mastered that counts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Because simply I cant afford a private school. I have 5 kids! I went to private school & I wish my children could but money wise its not do-able.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The public school system that we have is one of the best in the state of Wisconsin. It is just as good if not better than the private schools in our area. I also can't afford the tuition, uniforms, etc. I went to Catholic school for 9 years and hated the majority of it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009