Is it true that 2 flintstone vitamins are equal to 1 prenatal vitamin a day?

Also, does the flintstone vit. need to have iron in it and if so how much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Read the vitamin labels and compare
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Some women choose to take two children’s chewable vitamins. While this isn’t the ideal nutrition combination for a pregnant woman, adding Folic Acid and an iron supplement to this mix can make this bearable in the short term. Eating well is so important when you’re pregnant and your doctor should be consulted if you find your vitamins are intolerable.

It is possible that your chewables could help you get by for the first bit until the morning sickness subsides .
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 9:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i couldnt take prenatals they made me sick somy doc recommended flinstones with iron but he told me to just take one
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Those vitamins are so low quality. There are yummy adult chewables that taste like apple pie and are made from food sources, not chemicals. Plus Flinstone's will make your poop stone. Bad plan.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NT-1886&sourceType=cs&source=FG&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-googleproduct-_-Adult%27S%20Chewable%20Apple%20Cinnamon%20-%2090%20Wafers-_-NT-1886&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=NT-1886

Sorry for the stupid long link. But these are awesome yummy and good for you!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I took chewables because I puked up the reg. prenatals. My doc was fine with it. And my children were very healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I work at a pharmacy and ask this same question because pre natals made me sick. The pharmacist told me that 2 childrens vitamins = 1 adult vitamin. He said that works in everyday life, but when your prego you need the prenatals and childrens vitamins dont work. You need the folic acid and something else that prenatals provide. Hope this helps!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was told that if I reacted badly to prenatals I could take the flinstones ones... much better for me... I took two and had a happy healthy baby!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My friends doctor told her to take two flinstones. When I was pregnant I took the adult chewable because the swallowables made me sick
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If ur taking the flintstones cuz da reg prenatals are like horse pills, then I would suggest the one a day prenatals. They're not as big and didn't make nauseaus
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 2 flinstones is fine, with 200mgs of folic acid. My doc told me, when I was pregnant. I didnt take the folic acid because I eat enough bread and pasta to choke a horse and I was worried about getting too much. I took the flinstones vitamins with Choline in it, my baby turned out beautiful AND smart :)
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009