How can I get Organized?????

Hey ladies,

So i just joined this site in hopes for a few answers. I"m a new mom to a 7 month old and having real trouble with keeping myself organized. Before I had my baby I was a detailed freak. I always had an agenda and went by it, now this agend multiplied 10 fold and I can't keep up with it. Not only am I having trouble with keeping my house clean (my version of clean is fully dusted, windexed and vacuumed), but keeping up with my sons memory books, putting up frames in the house and all the other million things that come along with being a new mom. I have made a step forward by breaking the housework down to a 5 day task list based on the days i believed i had time to do it, but even this has shown to fail me. I work full time and sometimes it feels like time and a half because of my long hours. My husband had a 'different' version of clean and has trouble sometimes cleaning up after himself.?!@#$! Help

newmom546

Asked by newmom546 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Make him buck up and follow his own damned list.

sounds like you're doing great.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Hire someone to clean the house.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Honestly it sounds like you have got to chill on the cleaning! Decide what the bare minimum is you can live with and try to stick with that for a month, don't go cleaning all the windows just because it is "sopposed to be done" on for example Wednesdays, if the base boards are not cleaned weekly the house will not fall apart. Once you realize that some of the cleaning can wait you will be able to relax and enjoy time with your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I might be your twin...I was told by my son's therapist today the same thing stacieandbaby said, Make your husband buck up and not only help, but care enough to do the job you would.
    I'm still working on that conversation myself, I'll tell you how it goes.
    I have a hard time leaving things dirty. I told my husband today that he'd have to come home from work and do the dishes, because My son and I had a project to finish, for school, and the baby needed nighttime mumma love. I "pre-washed" the dishes before he got home, I couldn't help myself! Sometimes you have to let it go, because it means more to your kids to spend that time with them. In 20 years, do you want your kid to say, " My mom was great because the house was always spotless." or " My mom was great because she took good care of the house AND she had time to play with me and make me feel special."? I hate having my home look trashed, and my view of trashed is ...
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• ..my husband's idea of clean! I don't evenlike the pillows on the couch to be out of place! But sometimes, your children need you, more than they need a clean house. I keep telling myself that.
    Don't do a weekly time schedule..Do daily one. Make a list on Sunday of all the things that need to get done, and then on Monday say, " OK I'm going to wake up, feed baby, do dishes, take something out for dinner, and clean the bathroom before noon. By that time, you can get the baby down for a nap, and maybe get a couple more things done during that time. Baby wakes up from nap, feed baby, change baby, bathe baby, play with baby. If your baby takes a second nap thn you can start dinner by 4pm. Once that's possible, You can play with baby until it's time to eat, and cut off time should be 8 pm(thats always my goal). Then while the baby is sleeping, you can do a load of laundry, fold and put away, then relax before bed. Good Luck
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2009