i'm so ready to have my baby! i'm 35 weeks...

is it ok/safe to start doing things that will make me go into labor? like walking or having sex? what else can i do? i'm hoping to go into labor around 37 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why are you in such a hurry?
    And sex and walking are always okay during pregnancy...they will not help you go into labor this early. Those things will only help if you are already on the verge of labor.

You are only 35 weeks, you don't need to be rushing things.

I'm almost 39 weeks and have been 5 cm. dilated and 70% effaced for 2 weeks now...so even if you do make some progress, in the end...baby will come when he/she is ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• you may be ready to have ur baby but your baby isnt ready to come out. the closer to 40 weeks that u get the healthier your baby will be... and walking/sex dont really do much
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• walk all you want and have all the sex you want!!! well don't get too tired of course.

but it will not make your baby come any soon. if i were you i would just count on going to 42 weeks (which is totally normal) so that you won't get too anxious. then if baby does come around 38 weeks, you will be pleasantly surprised!

good luck! but remember you could have 7 weeks left! baby needs to cook a lot more ;)
    Anonymous

• any sooner* i meant
    Anonymous

• I know it's getting close! It's exciting~ but remember that baby is inside still for a very important reason! Not ready to be born. Even at 37 weeks there is a risk for prematurity. Whenever baby decides to come YOU will be ready. :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If slightly early birth sounds like no big deal, consider: A baby's brain at 35 weeks weighs only two-thirds of what it will weigh at 40 weeks, says a dramatic "brain card" developed by the March of Dimes to educate women. Some will catch up fine, while others have learning or behavioral delays. Also, being even a few weeks early can cause initial breathing problems if lungs aren't mature enough; feeding problems; even an increased risk of SIDS.

"Most women are not really aware of how two to three weeks can make a big difference in the full development of the baby," says March of Dimes President Dr. Jennifer Howse.

These near-term babies make up 70 percent of all premature births and they, not very early preemies, are fueling the two-decade rise, says a just-published study from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the March of Dimes.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I feel that the more time it has in the womb the best, when we had our first child i just felt selfish at the last few weeks and i was so afraid i wanted more time because i just liked the experience so much, but good luck i hope you have a healthy beautiful baby.
    preggo187

Answer by preggo187 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Girl let me tell you...when I was at 35 weeks I was ready too! But its true...the baby will come when its ready...& you need to wait until AT LEAST 38 weeks! I was induce at 38 weeks giving my buddy didn't have any fuild around him...so be patience its gonna be hard...start reading a book, make sure the baby's room is ready do anything and everything to keep your mind off of it! GL & GOD BLESS
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• whats the rush, im 40 weeks and is ready to be a mommy, but i know my baby is not ready, so i know i can wait. 35 weeks means you still have 5 weeks maybe more.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009