c-section..how long did it take you to heal?

I had an emergency c-section over the weekend..if you've had one, how long did the soreness last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was walking around the the third day after I had mine. I was sore for about a week and a half because I didn't want to lay around so its best that you rest as much as you can.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• About 6 weeks. and for some reason the second one took longer
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• my first c-sect was an emergency and it took me aboout 3 weeks to heal all the way then my second c-sect i healed after about 2 weeks my 3rd was after 2 weeks also and my 4th was about a week, and my 5th which was 2 months ago i was walking around normally as soon as they took the catheder out-and i was going up and down the basement steps washing clothes 2 days after being home- so it depends- how are you feeling now? usually u can judge by the way u are feeling the day they let u walk around and shower- oh and by the time they take ur staples out ull be feeling better too cause some of the pain is from those snagging on clothes
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I had a crash C-section and was up walking around within 24 hours and kept it up. It was painful for about a week and was sore for about two weeks.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was back to work within three weeks.
    bigmamatrevino

Answer by bigmamatrevino at 11:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was pretty much completely healed within 2 weeks.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had an emergency c-section and it took about 3 and 1/2 weeks to recoop from it
    paulasmom

Answer by paulasmom at 7:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• They are all different. I've had 4 (none of them emergencies, though) and each one was different. The quickest I felt back to normal was my 2nd. I was up doing normal things by the end of the 1st week. The 1st and 3rd one it took me a couple weeks to feel okay and I was sore for awhile. It wasn't painful but felt like I had done a thousand sit ups in one day.
    The more you get up and do the better you will feel. Don't bend over when you walk, stand up straight and walk a lot. It actually does help.
    I was actually cooking a full Thanksgiving dinner 2 1/2 weeks after my 3rd daughter was born. I also had a 13mo and a 2yo at home. And I was cooking Easter dinner less then a week after getting out of the hospital when my 4th was born. That sucked though. I was still hopped up on pain killers because I had an infection that was excruciating. But I got it done. Didn't have a choice. Hubby was back to work shortly after.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I walked the day of my emergency section after the meds wore off. I left the hospital a day later, and went home to my upstairs apt. I went back to school (incollege) 5 days later. Never neeeded any pain meds. It was great...And as far as staples go, I didnt have staples. I didnt even think they used staples anymore. They used glue on me. My scar is soo tiny you can barely see it.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I was up and moving around the next morning, about 24 hours later. Sure, I was still sore, but the sooner you get back to normal, you will heal faster. As for an emergency c-section, never had one, so not sure if that is different, if they cut you different. Either way, I would say a week or two, you should be getting back to normal. Take some extra help if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2009