Hoarders

Is it wrong to watch this show just to feel better about your house not being THAT bad even if it's messy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• I also enjoy watching these shows because they make me feel better when my own house is messy. The only difference is with these people have an illness, there is something in their brains that is off and tells them that this type of behavior is normal. We knew some people that lived like this, there was a two foot pathway between all of the stuff in their house, and things were stacked to the ceiling. Can you imagine if there was a fire??
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 2:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I just really don't understand how someone keeps so much stuff.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's really sad how some people live in their homes. I saw an episode on Oprah that showcased a couple of people that hoarded so much they could barely walk through their own house! The show may make you feel better about your house but those people really have a big problem with this. I don't know why they would volunteer to let millions of Americans see how bad their homes are unless the show's producers plan to help them organize and get rid of all the stuff they don't need or use. Oprah actually had professional organizers help the people on her show.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Most of the people on this show are court ordered to clean up. Either their kids are taken away like the one tonight, or they're about to be evicted or condemned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My grandmother is a hoarder. She had one house condemned so she put a mobile home beside that house. Now the mobile home looks the same way. She had a carport put up outside and has it piled up with stuff. Her front porch and her car are the same way. I have called DEHEC on her but they gave me the run around. She has fallen countless times in the house and outside. We just dont know how to force her into assisted living.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I do not understand hoarders. It feels better and you get less bitchy when the house is clean.
    I fell better when I throw things away that I have not used in years.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I caught the end of it - it said next week they'll have a 7 year old hoarder. They showed a preview of him throwing a fit when they took a piece of paper out of his room.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My BIL is a hoarder...he and my sister have a 3 bedroom house a 400 sq ft garage, 2 sheds that eqaul 1,000 sq ft and a basement that is 500 sq.ft. all of this is filled with worthless junk!!!! when me and my kids sleep over we have to sleep on the furnichure because the rooms are full.
    Also my BIL likes to hoard food they have a sauna filled with food..half expired!
    so 2,000 sq ft plus the bedrooms adds another 100 sq ft...it's all junk!! but don't dare tell him that...he sees his junk as useful items that will one day come in handy.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think it makes you realize, it is not that bad.

I don't judge them, I congratulate them for getting help....

Why not if that is the only way, You go HOARDERS!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010