are contractions supposed to be very painful?how didurs feels

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me the contractions weren't painful, even when I was induced. I think it's probably dilating that is painful.....I never dilated.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• not everyone has painful contractions but mine were very painful. but still manageable. everyone acted like i would *have* to get an epidural and that made me nervous because i really didn't want one. well my contractions were never painful enough to even tempt me to get an epi. it's hard to explain how they feel. it is kind of like diarhea cramps. like have you ever really had to go but couldn't get to the toilet? sry tmi!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Not necessarily "supposed" to be painful. For those without fear and full of confidence, it can be pleasurable.
    My contractions were intense-bad with my first. (I was scared!)
    And intense-good with my second baby. (No fear, welcomed the intensity!)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Why is there  Pain in Childbirth ?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My contractions were painful. I had back labor which made my entire body ache. It feels like a very intense muscle cramp- which is exactly what it is. Some woman have hardly any pain, while others experience alot. I didn't want an epi, but after 24 hrs of horrible back labor, i was ready for some relief.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I had a back labor but it wasnt horrible i was started and had my son without pain meds. it was great and i could get up an hour after. with my 2nd i got pain meds it didnt work and it hurt even more after and i couldnt get up for hours they wouldnt let me. NO pain meds is best for me! its what i plan on doing with my next baby
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009