What is an appropriate Baptismal gift for my Godchild?

I am going to my nephew's baptism this weekend and I need a gift!! I'm also the Godmother so I want it to be something he can keep. I plan on giving a little money and paying for the baptismal outfit. Any ideas besides a cross, picture frame and bible? Also, is it customary for the godparents to make a donation to the church? Does anyone know this? It isn't a Catholic baptism ceremony... I believe my sister-in-law is Lutheran and I'm not familiar with this religion.

romanojm

Asked by romanojm at 10:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• a childrens bible
    Jerie

Answer by Jerie at 10:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• for our godchildren we got a bible and then inscribed it and had it blessed by the priest.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The Catholic Church we never asked the Godparents to make a donation to the church. Don't know about the Lutheran church.

As for gift, bank with a little bit of money in it. Depending on how much you want to spend get one that is engraved with the child's name and baptism date.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Check out this site

It might give you an idea or two

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• An engraved frame with baptize date and ur name printed on it. That would be something to remember.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 11:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

BuzyMamma

• For mine, my godmother gave me a pendant with the Virgin Mary on it. I still have it somewhere
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2009