I went for an ultrasound at one month, and they couldnt find the fetus/embryo in my amniotic sac?

When I went in and they took an ultrasound....they showed me it...hoping id be happy to see my baby...but we looked hard at the sac for almost 20 mins and, couldnt see any structure in it, which at about 5 weeks now, they should. I am very concerned. Has anyone had this happen...and it not have been an etopic pregnancy? I am going in for blood work and another ultrasound friday, but I wish i knew more answers before then. Your feedback would be greatly apreciated whereas I am a wreck trying to figure out whats wrong with my baby.

MissLaurenL

Asked by MissLaurenL at 10:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 5 weeks is too early. I had one at 5 weeks and they could only see the sac. I'm now 22 weeks pregnant. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with my son. We went back at 8 weeks and we could see him perfectly.
    navywifesince07

Answer by navywifesince07 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• They did my 1st at 8 weeks they cant see anything at 1 month they should know that. u will seethe baby ur next app! my 2nd not kidding at 8 weeks looked like a race car!!! my 2nd just looked like a peanut.
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I had one done to see how far along I was. According to my last period I should have been 10 weeks but I was only about 4/5 weeks (I am not regular AT ALL). The doctor did an internal ultrasound and we saw the little round white yolk sac. Nothing more than just a little white circle. Now she will be 7 months old on friday. Do not fret yet. It could have just been really early. Good Luck and I hope everything turns out fine.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's too early to see anything. That is a typical ultrasound for that gestation.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2009