Has anything you have watched on tv ever gotten you moving on things that you have been putting off for ages?

Ok so I am watching this show called hoarders on A&E right now and they are showing to families affected by this disease and seeing these stories has shown me that I have slight symptoms of this- ok i know that may sound stupid to you but its true- I have things piled all over my dressers- things that I dont need but i swear that i will, the only thing keeping me from getting worse is because my husband hates clutter so he lets it go only so far before making me clear things out- so now after watching how this lady got her kids taken away from her and how horribly embarassing it is for her to have these people come in to help her clean- I am now clearing out everything that i haven't used in the past month and things that i wont use in the next month- so has this ever happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My general rule of thumb is if I havnt seen it, used it, or thought about it in 6 months OUT it goes. My Mom hoarded everything and I refuse to collect crap I dont use.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• That sounds like a good rule of thumb..you can go a month with out using things so i like the six month rule :) Best of luck to you!
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• LOL yeah I love the show How Clean is Your House on BBC. Its an awesome show, really gets you in the mood to clean your house! I also enjoy watching You Are What You Eat, also on BBC.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i will have to check those out aprildjc- thatnks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Are you my twin as well as your dh with mine...lol I am the same way tomorrow never comes my house looks junky and when company comes over I just throw everything in a bag or pile and deal with it later I am too tired of living this way. My dh threatens to throw everything away if I don't move my butt. He did do some clean up oneday he went at it I just looked the other way only to find myself wondering what was thrown I was sort of digging in the bags :(
    But I had to drop it and let it go :( I tell myself we are not taking this with us when we die so why keep it let some poor soul have it. Just the other day we got rid of this really nice fouton sofa/bed and just left it there at the Purple Heart trailer :( I was sad to let it go but then I had to think positive.
    Sorry so long...Let's do it girl...GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2009