I know this is a commonly asked question...

but I don't care, and I want to ask it myself, lol. I'm having my baby by c section on Thursday, and I'm wondering...what do you recommend packing for my hospital stay....for myself and the baby? Anything you brought that wasn't necessary? Anything you should have brought?

Oh..and for pajamas, should I bring nightgowns, or pant/shirt sets?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found that i WAY over packed! i thought i would need everything.. I ended up staying in the hospital gown because it was way easy to BF, and went home in my PJ's. I didn't have a c-section, but i would imagine that a night gown would be more comfy considering your belly area will be sore from surgery, a pant set might irritate it. But i just needed, tooth brush, paste, hair brush, hair ties, camera, cell phone, clothes for the baby to come home in and your self. Just remember someone can always run to your house and pick something up that you forgot. i didn't need any reading materials(if you have spare time SLEEP! lol) good luck mama!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The pajamas depends on if you're breastfeeding or bottle. I breast fed and it was really handy just to be able to un-do a button and bf with the top on. So if you're going that route, I recommend the top/bottoms. Also, the nurses will want to check/clean your incision, I'm sure so it would be nice to be able to expose your belly but still have the bottoms on.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Did you guys bring anything for the baby to wear while in the hospital? What do they put them in?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• they usually give the baby a white button up shirt. I just kept my daughter in it until we went home, where she had her cute little "going home outfit" The shirt they give you makes it easy to change diapers and easy for the doctors to do quick check ups on the baby. So i wouldn't worry about bring extra clothes.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Great, thanks ashjacks! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• And you're right ma2be, a nightgown probably would be easier on my incision.
    StefanieN84

• No problem, i'm glad to help...! Good luck on thursday! That's so exciting... makes me want to have more babies.. my baby is growing up way to fast!!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009