I need a website for my new business. Where do I start?

I am starting a Grocery Delivery Service in my area. I will need a website for it but I don't know where to start. Any ideas to help me along my way or at least point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Two options....hire someone to build a site for you or learn how to build it yourself. People tend to charge a fair amount to do sites anymore, but if you find an individual willing to help you, you could get lucky. Let me know if you want help...I do build websites. Otherwise you can go on a place like www.freewebs.com where you can build your own site with templates that they already have set up.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• When i first started, I purchased a sitesell site. i liked it because it taught me a lot about SEO, almost like paying for a college course. But better. But, it's been too expensive to renew. costs about $200 dollars and the learning curve for me took about 6 months. but that's my learning curve. it might be different for you. I am glad i did it though, i've learned so much about website building.

Now, i buy domains, and a cheap hosting company offers you free programs like wordress and templates, etc. and because i've learned about SEO i use the cheaper route. I can get up to 10 domain names under one host. very affordable. hosting costs me about $7month. it's a bargain.
    BodyWrapMama

Answer by BodyWrapMama at 11:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• you need to set up a website that interacts with a searchable database. The people who do this aren't cheap. but it'll be cheaper to set it up right than patch it. These web designers often do both the graphics and the SQL server set up. You might find a college student for $20/hr. This can get up to $500 day rate.

Second step is to find someone who does marketing, SEO, and web copy. (I used to do this for a company. Now I work @ home freelance) This person will step in about a week or so before everything goes live and make it glow. These people are cheaper bc you can pay them an initial retainer and commission afterward.

You can also learn and do all of this yourself.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Create Your Own Website

www.Web.com/SiteBuilder      Free Domain. 300 Appealing Website Templates and Easy-To-Use Tool

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting

Webs helps you make your own free website. Personal, group, and small business websites complete with photos, videos, and ecommerce.
    vbruno

• Free Website - Wetpaint

Wetpaint is the largest network of free websites. Wetpaint sites are great for fansites, groups, classes, and more; start your free website in 3 steps.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I actually have written an article about this:

How to Quickly Build a Business Website

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Quite honestly, if you have never built a website before, I would just hire someone to do it. There are tons of freelance designers that will build you a great site for a decent price.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009