HELP!!!

My 9 month old has a cold and will not sleep, is there anything I can do so she can rest???

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• here is an article on safe aroma therapy for sleep problems, it's primarily for older children, but it could help! Blessings of health and calm coming your way!!

http://www.greendivamom.com/2009/06/03/aromatherapymonster-spray-and-other-cures-for-sleepless-nights/
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My daughter and I both just got over horrible upper respiratory infections...she had 2 ear infections and was on antibiotic for a week. I would give her a menthol bath and suck her nose while she was sitting up in the bath and it was loose...I put a cool mist humidifier with Vicks liquid in it and put baby vicks on her chest and feet then put jammies and socks. She sleeps with us so I kept her elevated on a pillow..(she's a year old people, don't freak about the pillow) and just expect her to wake up a few times b/c they can't breathe and it's uncomfortable. I would give a little tylenol or alternate with motrin just so the poor thing could rest too...Im sure people will jump on me for that too, but anyway....that's about all you can do and just keep them comfy. Also, the ER doc told me since her weight is good, and she is old enough that I could put just an extra ounce of water in her bottle or even substitute a bottle with
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• some juice b/c the milk makes them more mucousy....hope this helps :) good luck. it's tough when they;re sick.
    calliesmommie