Credit Card Question

Due to circumstances beyond my control my credit is not in the best shape. I did have an Aspen mastercard; however, it has come to my attention that this program has been discontinued and all credit card accounts have been closed. I had built my credit up with these folks... paid $100 each month, sometimes $200 each month and my credit limib had been increased to $1350. Now I am without a credit card in case of an emergency. Does anybody out there know of a credit card that is for people with bad credit or blemished credit? I don't think I had built it up enough to get a regular card yet. If you know of any can you send me the web address? PLEASE NO SCAMS!!! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's called a secured credit card company. Meaning you will have to put a deposit down in order to get the card then use and pay off the card to get your limit raised.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You do NOT need a credit card "in case of emergencies". An emergency is the very LAST time you should EVER consider using a CC! Just think about it. It's the one time you KNOW you can't pay it back and the interest will just pile up.

Try a savings account for emergencies instead. Check out the Dave Ramsey group here on CafeMom for lots of helpful ideas on how to manage your money! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I dont know of any. We use a prepaid credit card, we put on the funds that we want on the card and dont have to worry about getting in over our heads and its the best way to save up money.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I second Dave Ramsey!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009