Can we agree together and pray?

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them"
-Jesus (Matthew 18:20

Lets agree together that this swine flu (H1N1 will be gone in Jesus name ok?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do because I don't pray and the swine flu isn't going to go away. My time will be better spent taking active steps to protect my family.

Why are they mutually exclusive? Unless you are praying 24/7 and doing nothing else while you pray or you are taking active steps to protect your family 24/7 then why can't you do both?

God doesn't expect us to pray and then sit like a lump, prayer is one step in fighting evil, sickness, whatever. We pray in faith then we act to do the things that make us good stewards or care takers of our own bodies and our family.

OP I pray for the removal of all diseases, so I'm in agreement with you.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• who says no?..
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Amen!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• who says no?..
    I do because I don't pray and the swine flu isn't going to go away.  My time will be better spent taking active steps to protect my family.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No thanks. If I were going to "pray" for a disease to go away, I can't think of at least a dozen others that would come before Swine Flu. Sorry.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Woops.. that was supposed to be CAN --- CAN think of at least a dozen others! Yeah - that makes more sense LOL

Cut me some slack --- workin' on about 4 hrs sleep here.... :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well my family has already had the swine flu... we're just fine. I do hope that others that come down with it are as lucky as we were. I think the key is to monitor your symptoms though. If anything changes drastically like difficulty breathing, etc then you call your doctor or go to the ER. That's what we did, we watched for weird changes in our symptoms. Nothing happened and after a week all was fine. I guess I could pray that those who happen to come down with it are as lucky as we were and suffer only a "mild" case. Not that what we had was mild by any means...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• yes, i am in agreement with you...
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It's a virus that has been around a long time. ( My mother was vaccinated for it in the 70's) It's not something new and people who work around pigs get it all the time. It is no more deadly than the regular flu. Viruses have to run their course all we can do is treat the symptoms. At the onset of fever have your child tested for the flu and if it is positive the doctors can prescribe Tamiflu if it's within the first 48 hours. As with all diseases washing your hands often prevents the spread. Your god would not acknowledge my prayers anyway. He can't even hear them so it would be wasted time on my part. But I will keep my kids healthy and take them to the doctor if I need to.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009