breastpump question

ok im breastfeeding and of ourse i need a pump.what breastpump is good ?im not trying to spen 379 on a medela.im thinking about the 279 one but i think thats a bit freakin expensive too.but i dont wanna get a cheap 1 that will break.experienced moms your needed right now thanx!

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 11:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have the top of the line medela and love it. Ive never had a sore or cracked nipple!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Hmmm, I'm trying to remember what brand mine is. I got mine through the WIC office. I know it's a pretty nice one, but not sure where it rates on the "scale" of breastpumps.

Just make sure that whatever you get is fully operable via electricity (and preferably a cigarette lighter as well), has a pump for each breast, and is easy to clean. I'm SURE all the high-end pumps have these things, but just in case you decide to jump the gun and go really cheap....don't! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It really depends on what you will be using it for. What are your pumping needs? Do you anticipate frequent times away from baby? Or just an occasional bottle? Returning to work? FT? PT? Or just a night away here and there?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I really liked the Medela electric one I got from the WIC office. I tried the hand held kind because I didn't want to drop a fortune eithier but that one was really painful! And I had a hard time getting milk. With the Medela, it didn't hurt at all and I was able to express alot more milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i have the medela pump in style. it was almost 300. i exclusevely pump so i need a really good pump. i bought at babies rus. ( ihave their credit card) so my dh pays a lil each month on it
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Congradulations on breastfeeding!
    I bought the Medela Pump In Style Advanced for $100 of craigslist. She only had it for 3 months, only used it for 2 weeks, and she was trying to re-establish her milk. I took it apart to clean it, bought new bottles, horns, and tubing, and I still love it.

SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2010