i just grau.........whats wrong?..Va...

i just graduated highschool not too long ago. and i never had a job in HS bc mom didnt want it to interfer with schoolwork. I Can't find a job anywhere. ive been looking, i actually had a interview week or so ago, thought it went alright. they never called back guess im not good with interviews. im in hampton roads area, VA.. whats wrong with this? i will continute to look. it just sucks the husband works 5 days a week... i want to go back to school, i am going to a community college tomorrow to see howmuch i can get fianacial aid. but i need a job to help us out. any advice?

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aww. You will get hired eventually. Keep putting Apps in!
    I'm in Front Royal btw!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• the job market sucks right now, i've been working consistantly since i was 16 (i'm 27 now) and am having a hard time finding a job. good luck...just keep trying.
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 12:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I graduated from college, have worked since I was a12 and have been job hunting for 7 months. Professional jobs, Wal-Mart, fast food... I have tried everywhere. I have gone on interviews, call back to the places where I have turned in applications- but am still haivng no luck. It is a very difficult time to try to find work. I would recommend going to school while the market is so bad.
    In the mean time, don't give up. Try caig's list (you never know what may be posted). Good Luck!!
    And don't let anyone coax you into taking your clothes off for money!! (just kidding)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• There's never a shortage of people there in the Hampton Roads area and with the economy being what it is, jobs are in high demand. When I moved into that area, I worked with a temp agency. Granted they get paid for you working so you earn a little less, BUT it will get your foot in the door. I ended up working for 7 years with the company I originally temped with. Put in a lot of applications and remember that they way you present yourself when you pick up and drop off applications counts too. Oh! And after you interview, send a follow up note. That will make a good impression and will put you into their minds again when they're making the hiring decision. Good luck! I hope you find a job soon!
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 1:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I know it is difficult.
    Look at sites online on how to build up your resume professionally without filling it with fluff. Then find some sites online on how to conduct yourself during interviews and practice what they teach, especially common questions that are asked most often during interviews.
    You can also go to a Temp Agency and the Employment Office for job listings and help with finding a job with your skill levels.
    Don't depend only on the newspaper. Get out in your area and apply at businesses you are interested in whether they have a Help Wanted sign up or not.
    Don't fall for any Get Rich Quick schemes or anything that promises a high amount of salary on commissions.
    You can do it! Be persistent and don't give up!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2009