Are you aware of this little Obama fact?

Are you aware that he has already spent more money while in office than all of our previous presidents combined? Thoughts on that? Excuses? Justification?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, this fact has been pretty well publicized for some time, so yes, I was aware of it. However, I can see why he did some of it (not all of it) and am waiting to see if it was a good move or bad. I don't think any amount of money would be like waving a magic wand and everything would be better. The PP is right - this is generations in the making. It all fell down last year, and this president is the one who has to deal with it. Like most politicians, he throws money at it. Will it work, and be justified? I don't know. The alternatives didn't look very good either, but who knows if they would have worked.

MY financial life has improved on several levels. I am informed that I am clueless anyway, and that my personal sitch means nothing....but things are better for me and mine. Can't speak for everyone. I think that things will get better, but not right away. it will look ugly for some time.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If he didn't., our economy would have collapsed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• He has only made our economy worse, and he hasn't prevented a collapse. You'll see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Trying to dig himself (and our country) out of a hole that has been generations in the making.
    Anonymous

• I think he has the initiative and the determination to bring this country back on its feet. Its called investing, and if it makes the future better for my kids, then Im down with that. I'd rather have a president that gives a damn and is trying to make this country better, then one that is nonchalant to real issues with the "ppl." Our taxes needs to go to something useful and I think that this is it. I preach a United Nation, and i stand behind the man I voted for.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think he has the initiative and the determination to bring this country back on its feet. Its called investing, and if it makes the future better for my kids, then Im down with that.

Please tell me exactly how you can "get back on your feet" with BORROWED money? It doesn't take a financial whiz to know that you can never make money investing borrowed money. Trust me, I know. Financial management, via a banks trust department was my career and I have 2 degrees in related fields to back myself up.

You think our taxes need to go to something useful??? Me too!! That is why I object to the 9000 earmarks that "Mr. I will go line by line to eliminate waste" allowed in the stimulus package. We threw away billions. The waste was on both sides, Dems and Repubs, but Obama owned it when he signed it.

You realize that your grandchildren are in debt to their eyeballs? Visit www.debtclock.org for a real eye opener.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I wasn't aware it was as much as all the presidents combined. That is something to think about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That's because he thinks all you have to do is turn the printing press on and print more. He's clueless when it comes to being fiscally conservative. He's hell-bent on driving this country into the ground. He's going to destroy us from the inside. Terrorists are the least of our worries. We have a domestic terrorist living in the White House!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Here is where some of that wonderful money has gone!
    A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.
    $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.
    $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.
    $75 million for “smoking cessation activities.”
    $160 million for “paid volunteers” at the Corporation for National and Community Service. ( I am sorry but I thought volunteering meant you did not get paid)
    $500,000 to Missouri for fish food
    $462,000 to replace toilets at a National Forest in Missouri

If you do not believe me look them up! These thing are obviously dire! You are so right Anon our economy would have collapsed without all that fish food and those new toilets!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• $2 million to monitor scallop reproduction and habitat
    $2.5 million on a “train-horn-free” zone
    $2.2 million in stimulus cash to install skylights in Montana’s state-run liquor warehouse <---- My favorite one!
    Do you want any more dire projects Anon?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2009