breastpumps!

ok im breastfeeding and of ourse i need a pump.what breastpump is good ?im not trying to spen 379 on a medela.im thinking about the 279 one but i think thats a bit freakin expensive too.but i dont wanna get a cheap 1 that will break.experienced moms your needed right now thanx!

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 11:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ameda
    Medela
    Lasinoh
    Hygeia

Are the only ones I can think of! I didn't breastfeed, my lil ones drank formula.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• A friend of mine used Lasinoh its a double pump, 159.99
    She said it worked wonders. ? ;) GL
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I used the Ameada, I had a gerber manuel one that I loved over all other manuel ones I tried. My Ameada went through 2 kids 2 1/2 years apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• check with your insurance because i was able to get the medela model from the hospital and it was paid for because my doctor told the insurance company it was a medical neccessity. of course, we did this before we left the hospital with the baby...not sure if it would be too late for you to get it thru insurance. but i like my medela. you could always buy one off craigslist and just buy new tubing and attachments...
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 12:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I got the Lansinoh double electric and used it A LOT and it's $140 at Walmart...I loved it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Medelas are very worth it. My aunt bought one when she had twins 11 years ago and that thing has been through like 8 babies and just now quit on us. She passed it to my other aunt, me, my sister, cousin..whoever needed it. Very high quality and worth every penny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Of course you don't need a pump. I breastfed my 3 children each over 2 years and never needed a pump. You can hand express. For instructions go to google and type in breastfeeding Marmet technique for instructions .
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It really depends on what you will be using it for. What are your pumping needs? Do you anticipate frequent times away from baby? Or just an occasional bottle? Returning to work? FT? PT? Or just a night away here and there?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009